Thursday, February 26, 2009

A gift to the gutter, a gift to the city the veins of which have broken me down

My goal is to remain positive. Despite the fact that I am watching myself fuck up. No place will call me back for a job and I'm barely hanging on in school. I'm willing to push away all people in my life aside from the one who means the most. Aside from this I am trying to be a positive person. Or maybe I'm not. I don't know, if I'm not then I want to be. I just want to fast-forward. Have a job, get a cozy little place and live. I realize it's not going to be perfect, it's going to be stressful, but I need this challenge to prove things to myself like that I can survive on my own. I just want a job! Even Wal*Mart doesn't call me back. My standards are quickly dropping towards fast food. At this point I hardly care. A paycheck is a paycheck.

I just want to be away from this city. I hate it here. I hate the people. I hate the buildings. I hate everything. I get angry everytime I think about it. I hate how familiar I am with everyone in this shithole. I can't go anywhere without seeing some that I went to high school with, someone who my sister got high with, one of my old friend's exes, one of my parent's co-workers, someone who can't believe how Allie's grandaughter has grown up, someone who did me wrong, someone who i have done wrong, someone who says "you're Sara, right?", someone who forgot about me but I remember calling me a cow in middle school. All of these people and so many more.

I just want to get away. I don't even want to go that far. It just seems that a town an hour away has so much more opportunity for me. I don't want to abandon this place forever. I want to come back someday and show my children all the hidden pleasantries that are here. But right now the only thing I have gained from this town is a bad attitude and a bitter taste in my mouth.


No comments: